Wednesday, January 12, 2011

an annoyance

The problem is that I think too much. Yes, that's it... I think?
And the problem with that is that I think too much about things that could possibly happen, and don't spend nearly enough time contemplating the things that are going on around me.

I stitch together words uttered by others, and focus on the overall meaning....But then I think, did that conjunction word go here or did it go there, did that one word start the first sentence, or the second? Because it changes the entire mood, the entire message of what they were trying to say. And then I confuse myself. And then I forget what they said entirely, and I go from one extreme to the other. If I am feeling pessimistic, they meant it to be nothing, or even hurtful. If I am feeling doubtful and hopeful, I cling to the possibilities that lay in there, and try to pick apart and analyze the sentence. Maybe what they said is a reflection of how they feel subconsciously! Pitiful. Pathetic. I just forget the placement of the words!! The placement of the words is everything.

In the end, it's all a waste of time, because people either don't mean half of what they say, or half of what they say comes out entirely wrong and that wasn't their point at all.

In the end, verbal communication has become far more vital in suppressing the spread of the meaningless.

In the end, I shouldn't care so much as to what people say to me, or what I read people have said. I should focus on the overall intention, and the overall message. Clearly. If I don't get it, I ASK and get a straightforward answer. Then again, that would be the obvious thing to do. The simplest. The most blatant, bland, and blunt. Which is why I don't ever often do it....Usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment